Thursday, January 26, 2012

14 Legs Worth of Love

Us with Justice James MacPherson at Osgoode Hall, Toronto


Today is our fourth wedding anniversary. It's more impressive when you take into account that gay-relationship years are like dog years and should be multiplied by seven. So it's like our twenty eighth anniversary. 

Actually, we've been together for almost fifteen years so in gay-years that's a hundred and five years which you must admit is quite spectacular.

Anyway, life isn't perfect and full of hardships, but getting married and starting a family was the best thing that ever happened to me. It doesn't matter where I go, I got my crew by my side. Starting life anew in a new country and new city without knowing anyone in advance would be much scarier if I really had to do it alone. But as things are, there are always five of us to keep each other company. Fourteen legs worth of love.

We had our surrogate and her husband at our wedding in Toronto, sitting at the family table. That was four months before Blake was born, so he was technically there with us at our wedding. We didn't prepare vows, so we decided to say a few words to our guests. My words turned into a spontaneous speech and you can totally see I'm winging it, but I'd like to think it's part of the charm. So I tell myself, anyway.

Happy anniversary, hubby!



Mickey

7 comments:

JCB said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Daddy Times Two said...

May you both live a very long a happy life together.

Best regards,
Brandon

Mark said...

Happy Anniversary. I have a "few" in me so I was tempted to let me hair down and give you a nice old gay/trashy comment. But, I'm trying to control myself and concentrate, despite the wine.
Congratulations on a billion years.
mark

jogosfriv said...

The trial wraps jogos friv , games for kids

descargar mobogenie said...

This blog impressed me and over exceeded my expectations.
---
descargar mobogenie | mobogenie | descargar mobogenie gratis

descargar whatsapp plus gratis said...

Hall where many couples have been married to wife up here descargar whatsapp plus lucky , i like baixar whatsapp gratis very good , often use descargar mobogenie gratis make you happy and sure descargar whatsapp plus gratis , baixar whatsapp plus , descargar mobogenie

alvar said...

Me gusta tu post y socializar, gracias.
juegos friv